22.7.13

Death Valley during a Heat Wave

I do not recommend attempting to hike through death valley during a heat wave. While it was definitely a test of strength, it also was a huge strain. The human body is just not meant to withstand that much heat at once, even if you prepare like crazy and bring a ton of water...it will still catch up with you. I did enjoy myself though, there were some spectacular views that were super inspiring. I will be back when it's a little cooler - here are a few highlights from before we cut the trip short :)


 That was a peice of the salt flat - just wanted to see if it really tasted like salt. It did.




As I'm getting ready to prep for a huge solo 100 miler (through much cooler terrain) I still took an important lesson from here. Stay epic! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment